Friday, October 1, 2010

September 11, 2010

September 11, 2010

This morning I was supposed to go spend the weekend with Jo, Margaret, and Marie- but I received an email from JoAnn saying she wouldn’t be available until Wednesday:

Rebecca,
forgive me for being so long in answering you.  I haven't been home much this week and I have to be gone all day tomorrow.  This Sunday I have to write and turn in a long paper and I don't know how long that will take.  Also, I may be going to West Texas next week to see my aunt.  If I am here, Wednesday will be fine.  Margaret went home yesterday, So maybe you can see her anytime.  I didn't realize I was going to have such a tight schedule these days.  Marie is here most of the time, so maybe she and Margaret and you can get together if I'm not here.  I'll let you know if I leave town.
JoAnn

I emailed her back to let me know about Wednesday. If she’s available then I can go photograph them for most of the day and drive back for my night class. If JoAnn does go out of town I’ll try to get together with Margaret and Marie. Margaret was released from her home health care unit and is now having to do a lot of physical therapy for her knees, so we will probably visit her at her house. I am worried about having enough days to photograph them so I’m taking every opportunity I can. I do wish our schedules were more in sync. This is honestly why I don’t enjoy photographing people. You can learn so much from people and I love building and strengthening relationships with people I know- but it is taxing and difficult to schedule the time to do so.
It’s hard working on this project because I feel like it could turn out so much better if I had more time. I’m working on other personal projects for my applications to grad school and I’m thinking- these would have worked so much better for my thesis BUT at the time I had not started them. It was really only until last semester when I took some of my senior level photography and art classes when I really found my photographic and artistic niche. I was in classes that really inspired me and made me  want to create work, and I felt that my thesis wasn’t expressing what I wanted it to. I’m really happy with who I’m photographing now- but it is still hard to get into it when I know my other projects are coming together so much better. At this point none of that matters, though, because I have to finish this project. I just wish I could have brought my other projects together sooner and photographed them for my thesis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment